Scout & Molly’s Franchise
Scout & Molly’s franchise is a 1,200 square foot class A Retail storefront business catering to women of Mid to high income households. Average customer is 25-55 year old female but Scout & Molly’s does a good job selling to husbands or boyfriends too.
Scout and Molly’s Franchise Target?
The targeted Scout & Molly’s customer is a woman who wants to feel good about herself and sees clothing as a way to reflect that. She most often falls between the ages of 25-55. There will be customers who are as young as high school as well as those older than 55, however the majority of customers fall in the range noted. She may or may not have children, may or may not work full time and may or may nor be married. She typically is someone who follows trends and wants the brands and styles seen in fashion magazines. She wants items that can easily transition from day to night and also wants to be able to accessorize her clothing with fun fashionable jewelry pieces. She is someone who wants something more unique rather than items that are mass marketed. When she attends events such as weddings or cocktail parties, she doesn’t want to be wearing something that someone else has on which is why she shops at specialty stores. She values personalized service and will look to the store employees for guidance. She will expect the staff to be knowledgeable on the product and make her feel like she is being heard. If she has a good experience she will be back and will also tell her friends.
Why Scout & Molly’s Franchise?
- Limited national franchised competition! The designers and clothing line that Scout & Molly’s carries is rarely found in other stores in the same market making our fashion lines unique in every city!
- Turn-key real estate program; low cost to develop & great income
- 12-year track record by founder Lisa Kornstein & backing and support from PRO Martial Arts team
- Semi-Absentee (keep full time job and/or open up multiple locations)
- Sophisticated back office system that provides real time information to the franchisee. Franchisees can see their profitability and associate production from any internet connection (i.e. iPhone, Blackberry, Laptop) from anywhere.
- Experienced veteran in the buying and fashion market process
Scout and Molly’s Franchise Requirements?
- No retail experience required (Management skills wanted)
- Semi-Absentee Business Model (Manager the Manager / Develop multiple locations)
- Retail Class A real estate – 1,200 square feet
- Turn key development for Franchisee – Corporate helps find real estate locations, negotiates lease, assists in inventory ordering and control and full training program for owners (Store in a box)
- Low labor model – Full time Manager and 3 to 5 part-time Associates (Style Scouts)
- ‘Vintage Chic’ shopping experience (Old meets New)
- Investment averages around $225,000 including working capital
- Fun and simple business model!
Who is the ideal candidate?
Our ideal candidate will have a type A, driver personality. Scout & Molly’s owners can be either semiabsentee or owner-operators. For those candidates who are considering Scout & Molly’s as a semiabsentee owner, we suggest management skills and the ability to delegate and hold associates accountable a strong skill set.
- Motivated and goal oriented
- CEO mentality on how to scale and grow their business(s). Empire builder.
- Social and comfortable participating in local events and charity events
Scout & Molly’s Franchise Fee: $50,000
Royalty: 5% (scales up to 6% in year 3 & beyond)
Scout & Molly’s Franchise Total Investment: $250,300 – $294,750
VetFran Member: Yes
SBA Loan: No
Can be Home Based: No