Founded in Edison, N.J., Kono USA was established by David Ragosa, Carlo Ruggiero and Greg Kinlaw, who imported the already popular European concept to America. Originated in Italy in 2004, Kono Pizza cones are filled with fresh, quality ingredients inspired by original Italian recipes, giving consumers an on-the-go, healthier way to enjoy their favorite food. There are currently 130 Kono Pizza locations operating in 20 countries.
Kono Pizza offers 3 business models to meet any budget and serve any and all types of customers:
- Kiosk model (ideal for malls, airports, arenas, colleges, gas stations, convenience stores, etc).
- Traditional QSR (express-style restaurant).
- Mobile (a Kono Pizza Food Truck!).
- If you go to a local pizzeria and have a decent slice, do you tweet your friends? Put it on Facebook, or tell your friends when you get home? Probably not. But if you had something as unique and delicious as pizza in a cone from Kono Pizza, that’s something worthy of a foodie Instagram picture, a tweet, or a post to Facebook. The uniqueness of the cone is something that people are more excited to share with their friends via social media and tell them about personally.
- The U.S. market loves pizza and consumers are always looking for something innovative and delicious to set pizza brands apart. Now, with Kono Pizza, they get what they love, on the go! Before the pizza cone, you couldn’t eat a slice while you’re walking without creating a gooey, cheesy mess… but now you can.
- Kono Pizza USA is primed to be as successful here as it is in more than 20 countries worldwide.
Founded: 2004 (Italy)
Franchise Fee: $20,000
Total Investment: $150,000 – $350,000
VetFran Member: No
SBA Loan: No
Can be Home Based: No